Airtel has indeed launched a second cheap 4G smartphone which comes under its ‘Mera Pehla smartphone’ initiative. The company, in fact, recently announced its own partnership along with another Indian popular mobile devices manufacturer known as Celkon. They both plan to launch its second 4G smartphone called Celkon Smart 4G at Rs 1349. Only a few weeks back, Airtel had launched its first 4G smartphone Karbonn A40 in partnership with the Karbonn Mobiles.
Airtel’s Celkon Smart 4G Smartphone Features:
- The Celkon Smart 4G is a full touchscreen 4G smartphone at an effective price of Rs 1349.
- The smartphone 4G has a current market price of nearly Rs 3500.
- The device sports a 4-inch touchscreen, dual SIM slots and FM radio.
- The Android Marshmallow-powered Celkon Smart 4G does offer full access to all the apps on Google Play Store, that includes YouTube, Facebook as well as WhatsApp.
- The device will come preloaded with MyAirtel App, Wynk Music, and Airtel TV.
- The phone is backed by a 1500mAh battery and powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core processor with 1GB RAM.
- It has 8GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- It has a 3.2MP camera on the front and 2MP front camera.
- The smartphone will come along with a monthly plan of Rs 169 from Airtel.
- The plan offers unlimited calling along with 0.5GB data per day for 28 days.
Airtel plans to partner with Celkon to introduce an affordable smartphone in the market and also build an ‘open ecosystem’ of low-cost devices. Celkon has indeed a strong brand affinity as well as much distribution in southern Indian markets. It can serve a larger set of customers with the affordable smartphone proposition.
What does the offer entail?
- To avail of this offer, a customer has to make a down payment of Rs 2849 for the 4G smartphone and also be able to continuously make 36 monthly recharges of Rs 169.
- The customer will get a cash refund of Rs 500 after 18 months and another Rs 1000 after 36 months, which will allow a cash benefit to Rs 1500.
- The customer can opt for the Rs 169 bundled plan.
- She or he has the flexibility of doing recharges of any denomination and validity as per individual requirements.
- The claim for cash refund benefit, the recharges worth Rs 3000 must be done within the first 18 months (to claim the first refund installment of Rs 500) and another Rs 3000 over the next 18 months (to claim the second refund installment of Rs 1000).
Airtel and Celkon have indeed proved themselves well to have a smartphone that is highly marketable and will appeal to the users. Consumers will have access to a new product that has remarkable new features. Mobile users will make a beeline to the mobile market and this new venture hopefully will sell well.