Highlights of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL:
- The Pixel 2 has a 5-inch Full HD display, while the Pixel 2 XL consists of 6-inch HD display with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
- The Pre-orders start from October 26 Google will soon be launching brand new smartphones, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL that will be launched in India on coming October 27.
- The company has actually sent out media invites for this smartphone and has also placed pre-orders for the device that will start a day prior.
- The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL and like their earlier predecessors, the internals of the two existing phones are pretty much the same that have the major differences being brought about on the screen.
- The Pixel 2 has a 5-inch Full HD display, while the larger sized Pixel.
Features of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL :
- 2 XL contains a 6-inch QHD+ display accompanied with an aspect ratio of 18:9
- The two are powered-by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 SoC with 4GB of RAM.
- The two are available in 64GB cum 128GB storage variants.
- Prices of the two phones in India are not known yet, but the Pixel 2 starts around $649 (approx Rs 42,000 directly converted) in the US, whereas the Pixel 2 XL starts at $849 (approx Rs 55,000 directly converted).
Furthermore, hints of Google recent acquisition of HTC’s smartphone division thus can be seen on the two phones as well. The new Active Edge does feature the users to launch the Google Assistant by squeezing the side portion of the phones. A feature similar to what HTC offers with the HTC U11.
- The two phones do offer a 12.2MP rear camera with f/1.8 apertures and scored 98 on DXOMark thus making them the highest rates of smartphones on one’s platform.
- Google has recently revealed that both of the devices have featured a deactivated custom octa-core SoC which is referred to as Pixel Visual Core Chip.
- Google also claims that the processor is quite capable of running HDR+ mode rather five times faster, thus making use of less power.
Google makes its own smartphones with the help from several manufacturers in order to compete head-to-head with the other respective devices thus dominating the Android space. With a much bigger focus on appealing to all of the users not merely developers or the most die-hard Android oriented purists, the Google Pixel 2 as well as Pixel 2 XL thus offering a fantastic camera with a stellar performance with a refined software experience.
Google innovative Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are indeed smartphones to reckon with. The back portion of present Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL does appear from their predecessors. Both the devices do feature a mostly-aluminum chaos that is complete with the glass panel towards one’s top of the device. The glass is of course much shorter and does not cover the fingerprint sensor similar to the ear before smartphone. Aside from those minor changes, the back panels do look quite similar to the original Pixels. The “G” logo is towards the bottom.