Despite much speculation that its end life is scheduled this year itself, this has been considered to be the world’s best-shipping smartphone type of model” in the fourth quarter of 2017. Analyst firm Canalys has claimed that Apple has also shipped nearly 29 million iPhone X units in the fourth quarter – particularly, seven million units were shipped in China.
What is its cost?
Canalys does believe that the adoption of this Phone X was also majorly driven by upgrade demand in operator-centric markets such as the US and Canada, where Apple has
installed a base that is higher and customers have also the ability to finance the $999 cost of the latest iPhone model over many months.
Canalys also highlights that the supply issues that Apple has faced following the launch of the iPhone X which has indeed restricted its growth. However, the company has ultimately managed to achieve a massive uplift in production in late Novem
ber as well as throughout December. This helped it to meet and also exceed the demand in some of the markets by the end of the quarter. One major benefit to Apple is that customers are also increasingly realized the residual value of their respective old smartphones, his opting for trade-in programs to offset the high price of the iPhone X.
Alongside the iPhone X, Canalys says that the iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, and iPhone 8 models have been shipped well in the fourth quarter thus showing sufficient demand for the older models on account of their value for money characteristics.
What else one needs to know?
- Based on a recent CIRP study it is understood that the 2017 iPhone trio, which does include the iPhone X as well as the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus does
- account for nearly 61 percent of total iPhone sales in the US in the fourth quarter.
- Similarly, the Kantar Worldpanel’s fresh smartphone OS data does claim that the iPhone X actually resulted in a “stellar” performance in several multiple worldwide markets during November.
- The latest iPhone model was indeed outsold by the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus in the United States, while all of the three new iPhone versions gained
- leadership in the list of best-selling smartphone models available during the month also include the Samsung Galaxy S8, the Kantar Worldpanel report stated.
- Apple is also likely to reveal some details with respect to the performance of the iPhone X during its Q1 2018 earnings that are scheduled for February 1.
- Meanwhile, a recent KGI report confirmed that the Cupertino company will also ship around 18 million iPhone X units in the first quarter.
- The report also does mention that the iPhone X will indeed “go to the end of life” mid of 2018 to in order to make space for its next iterations, that does include a rumored 6.1-inch LCD version.