Samsung Galaxy S9 will soon be launched at the popular event of Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2018 at 12 pm ET (10:30 pm IST) on February 25, much ahead of the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 next month. The South Korean giant on Wednesday does release the invitation for the event where the Galaxy S9+ is no doubt also expected to make its appearance. The invite does tease the appearance of the upgraded camera technology on the Galaxy S9.
As one can observe, the launching of the Samsung Galaxy S9 is quite apparent from the ‘9’ mentioned on the specific invite. On February 25, Samsung Electronics will indeed showcase the next generation of Galaxy devices that will re-imagine the camera and also redefine the way one shares one’s moments.
Samsung is also planning to incorporate a significantly much-upgraded camera on the upcoming phones. Previous rumors have indeed indicated towards the new ISOCELL module that Samsung had launched back in October last year. This technology does make use of Samsung’s Tetra cell technology in order to enhance the low light images thus offering an up-gradation to Dual Pixel. Additionally, there is a Smart WDR feature that does enable the sensor to capture the multiple exposures in one shot.
Features and Specifications:
- Apart from ISOCELL, rumors have also given an indication towards a f/1.5 aperture lens on the rear camera setup of the phones.
- The phones are expected to have a variable aperture of f/1.5 to f/2.4 giving the sensor DSLR-like capabilities.
- The Galaxy S9+ is touted to sport a dual lens setup while the Galaxy S9 might have a single lens on the back.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 retail box tipped the smartphone that will have ‘Super Speed’ camera technology, in the form of a Super Speed-backed Dual Pixel 12-megapixel
- rear camera sensor, apart from a ‘Super Slow-mo’ mode and optical image stabilization (OIS).
- The box also showed the presence of an 8-megapixel AF selfie camera on the front, and box corroborates the two different aperture sizes – f/1.5 and f/2.4.
- The Galaxy S9 box also showed the presence of AKG-tuned stereo speakers as well as AKG-tuned earphones.
- Finally, the box listed a 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display with rounded corners.
- The Galaxy S9 duo might be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor.
- The global versions of the new Galaxy S9 models can be expected to have to run on Samsung’s Exynos 9810 SoC that was brought into focus earlier this month
- artificial intelligence (AI) features and also better face recognition capabilities.
- The Galaxy S9+ might appear with 512GB storage option in a special variant meant for limited markets.
- The Galaxy S9 is said to have 4GB RAM while the Galaxy S9+ is said to have 6GB of RAM, with 64GB and 128GB as the standard storage option.
Samsung Galaxy S9 will indeed be unique in many ways.