Vivo is all prepared to launch the much-awaited Vivo X20 Plus which is under display fingerprint variant on Wednesday, January 24. The launch was actually initially much rumored for January 25, but the Chinese company has lately confirmed that the new arrival smartphone will finally make its grand debut on January 24. The event will begin at 7:30 pm CST (5 pm IST, January 25).
Features and Specifications:
- The smartphone, will, no doubt, be featuring a Synaptics Clear ID 9500 optical under-display fingerprint sensor, recently received certification on Chinese
- telecommunications authority TENAA and was initially claimed to be called the Vivo X20 Plus UDA.
- Nevertheless, the recent TENAA listing confirms that the new Vivo X20 Plus variant will come with a 6.43-inch OLED display with 2160×1080 pixels resolution.
- The online listing also points to the presence of a 2.2GHz octa-core processor, coupled with 4GB of RAM.
- We can safely assume that the processor is the Snapdragon 660 SoC that was featured on the original Vivo X20 Plus with the same top clock speed.
- Moreover, the smartphone is listed with a dual camera setup on the back – with 12-megapixel and 5-megapixel image sensors – and a 12-megapixel front camera.
- The Vivo X20 Plus in-display fingerprint version will also come with 128GB onboard storage that will be expandable via the microSD card (up to 256GB), as per the TENAA listing.
- The upcoming smartphone is also well listed with a 3800mAh battery, Bluetooth, USB support, and 4G connectivity.
- Furthermore, it does appear to have 165.2×80.02×7.35mm dimensions, 183.1 grams of weight, and multiple color options, including Black Gold, Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, and Matte Black.
- A 6-inch OLED display. Synaptics has integrated the Clear ID FS9500 sensor, which according to the company takes just 0.7 seconds to authenticate the fingerprint.
- Normally, a fingerprint scanner can also be found either on the back or embedded inside the home button of the phone; but, Vivo has deployed the scanner embedded under the screen of the X20 Plus.
- The new model will feature a 6.43-inch Full HD+(2160 x 1080), a Snapdragon 660 processor, 4GB RAM, and a dual 12-megapixel camera on the back.
It is rumored that the new Vivo X20 Plus version will cost in China around CY 3,998 which is approximately Rs. 39,900. Synaptics had earlier claimed that as many as
about 70 million units of its in-display fingerprint sensors are generally available this year. The new sensors are actually aimed at replacing the available
fingerprint sensor solutions, thus enabling fingerprint recognition definitely under the layers up to 1.5mm thick, including a screen protector.
Vivo X20 Plus Will certainly intrigues the mobile users who are keen to try new innovations. Its features and specifications do make it stand out as a viable smartphone which will be in much demand. One must give it a try and not miss out on it.