The Xiaomi Redmi 5 has now also come up with a third variant with 4GB RAM in China. It has also been listed on the official Xiaomi store and will turn out to be the third variant in the Redmi 5 range that was also previously launched in 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM options.
The Redmi 5 4GB RAM variant price is CNY 1,099 (roughly Rs. 11,000), with a premium of CNY 200 (roughly Rs. 2,000). The smartphone is also yet to be launched in India.
Features and Specifications:
- Has an increased RAM and also inbuilt storage of 32GB.
- The new variant is available in Black, Rose Gold, Light Blue, and Gold color variants.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 specifications:
- The dual-SIM (nano) Redmi 5 sports a 5.7-inch HD+ (720×1440 pixels) display with an 18:9 aspect ratio.
- The phone runs MIUI 9 based on top of Android Nougat.
- It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 SoC, coupled with 2/ 3/ 4GB RAM and 16/ 32GB of inbuilt storage.
- In the camera department, the Redmi 5 features a 12-megapixel rear camera with flash, PDAF, and a f/2.2 aperture lens.
- On the front, it is a 5-megapixel camera sensor with Beautify 3.0 features for enhanced portraits.
- A fingerprint sensor is placed below the camera module on the back.
- Connectivity options on the smartphone include Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and micro-USB. Sensors include accelerometer, ambient light
- sensor, proximity sensor, and gyroscope.
- The phone is backed by a 3300mAh battery under the hood.
- The Redmi 5 weighs about 180 grams.
- Just to recap, Xiaomi Redmi 5 sports a 5.7-inch HD+ screen with a resolution of 1440 x 720 pixels.