Apple has not got rid of iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, but the new major feature has been added to three new handsets for 2017 as Apple has been behind in this area. Qi wireless charging (pronounced “chee”) has also been added to it. Wireless charging is no doubt now a part and parcel of Samsung staple as it already works with both the Qi as well as PMA standards. While Apple only mentions Qi support but PMA, is a new key addition that has made a demand for wireless charging in a way that Samsung, LG, Microsoft, and Nokia have not been able to achieve earlier.
The iPhone X, iPhone 8 along with iPhone 8 Plus are undoubtedly the first phones to be launched by Apple iOS 11 software, which is an improvement for Siri, which is the lock screen as well as notifications.
What’s up in Apple iPhone X
- iPhone X: No home button, OLED screen, wireless charging
- Apple TV 4K: New $179 Apple streamer adds HDR, better gaming
- Apple unveils iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- Apple Watch Series 3 cuts the cord from your iPhone
- Full coverage of Apple’s event
What are the unique features of iPhone X?
- A daring design
- No home button
- Convenient to use
- Apple’s largest and unique phone
- Shorter, lighter and thinner- very handy to use
- Comprises of razor thin oriented bezels
- Convenient in hand
- 5.8-inch OLED display with 458ppi pixel density
- 2,436×1,135-pixel resolution (Apple calls this a Super Retina display
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with OIS on both cameras
- Face ID to unlock the phone (hold your phone up to your face)
- A11 Bionic processor
- Front-facing 7-megapixel camera has portrait mode now, too
- No home button
- Portrait mode with portrait lighting feature
- Glass back and front
Expensive as a price is around as it starts around $999, £999 in the UK and in it is AU$1,579. The 256GB version costs $1,149. On the other hand iPhone 8 and 8 Plus costs around $699 and $799 respectively.
Apple die-hards will certainly pick up one of the three new phones. Now it’s time for on-the-fencers to make their decision. As we head into a crazy-competitive holiday season, the iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus will together lock arms against Stiff competition is on with Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5, LG’s video-focused V30 and Google’s upcoming new pixel 2 in order to attain heights in the smartphone business.
Also Read: Apple will be releasing iPhone8 in September
What else is there to know more In iPhone X….
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus retain the home button with Touch ID
- Preorder iPhone 8/Plus Sept. 15; they’ll be available Sept. 22
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are cheaper
- iPhone X has a larger screen, OIS in both rear cameras, no home button, and one can take portraits with the front facing camera
- iPhone X pre-orders start from October 27
- The iPhone X is available in silver and black, but gold is not there like in iPhone 8 which is available in all three colors
- iPhone X specs highlight