The cheapest Nokia launch has been carried out in India in the HMD Global portfolio.
- The 4100mAh battery that offers up to 2 days of life and premium design.
- It is a low-end smartphone that competes against the likes of Xiaomi Redmi 4A and Moto C, which is positioned below the Nokia 3.
Specifications of Nokia 2
- Nokia 2 price yet to be announced.
- The handset can be had at an “average global price” of EUR 99 (roughly Rs. 7,500). It will be made available for sale mid-November.
- Nearly in 1,00,000 offline stores, Nokia phones will be sold. India happens to be among the top 3 markets for the company in terms of sales.
- 5-inch LTPS HD (720×1280 pixels) resolution display,
- Comes in attractive three color options: Copper Black, Pewter Black, and Pewter White.
- It has the Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 SoC, the successor to the Snapdragon 210
- It is designed as an entry-level offering with four cores of ARM Cortex-A7 CPU at a maximum clock speed of 1.3GHz.
- The smartphone runs on Android 7.1 Nougat operating system at the time of launch.
- Will get Oreo update soon.
- The Snapdragon 212 SoC has Adreno 304 GPU which is accompanied by 1GB of RAM on the Nokia 2.
- Has 5-megapixel and 8-megapixel camera sensors that will most probably be available on its front as well as back. Photos have been optimized for the best possible effect. The handset will come with Google Assistant, the first one with the digital assistant in its price segment.
- Nokia 2 by HMD Global has been launched at 99 euros (Rs 7,500 approx).
- Will enter the market in mid-November.
- Nokia 2 is most affordable Android phone up till now.
- Nokia 2 runs on Android 7.
- Nokia 2 gets an 8MP primary camera and a 5MP front shooter.
HMD Global certainly has the necessary rights to manufacture as well as distribute the Nokia-branded phones, that has actually launched several numbers of smartphones that are available in the market. In February, it had successfully launched the Nokia 6, Nokia 5 and Nokia 3 alongside the reincarnated version of the Nokia 3310. In August this year, it launched its first-ever flagship Nokia 8 which can be purchased in the Indian market for Rs 36,999.
Additional features of Nokia 2:
- While the Nokia 2 comes with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box, it is confirmed to get an update to Android 8.0 Oreo very soon. The smartphone also comes with HMD Global’s promise of timely updates – both monthly security patches and yearly Android versions.
- On the image front, it has an 8MP camera at the rear that is paired with a 5MP shooter up front for selfies.
- Will compete with Moto C Plus and the Xiaomi Redmi 4A.
Nokia 2 is indeed a very attractive, usable mobile phone which hit the market in a grand manner.