Since a month’s time of delivering the experience on the Xperia XZ Premium, Sony has indeed started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for its respective Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs. Both of the handsets were in fact debuted at the IFA 2016 with Android 7.1 Nougat and were then expected to receive the update to Android Oreo sometime before the end of this year. Sony Xperia X Performance is also receiving its Oreo update.
Highlights of Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs:
- The Android Oreo update for the Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs can be is available as an over-the-air (OTA) firmware and is presently rolling out in phases.
- Their availability can be checked upon one’s smartphone by visiting the System updates option from the Settings menu.
- One has to backdate the data before beginning the processing of updating.
- Advisable to use a Wi-Fi connection to download the update package.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Sony has provided the Android Oreo update with a build version 41.3.A.0.401, as reported by XperiaBlog.net. un
- Unfinished tasks such as emails in draft and messages
- Redesigned app shortcuts with long-press access to actions.
- Smart text selection that contextually recognizes and suggests options based on the selected text.
- An enhanced Xperia Actions feature that suggests settings based on your usage and comes with all-new gaming and community features.
What there is to know more about Android Oreo update?
- The Android Oreo update for the Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs additionally comes with Google’s default Android Oreo features such as Picture in Picture (PiP) mode.
- New Quick Settings menu, and Google Play Protect integration. Similarly, the update is expected to uplift the experience with improvements like background limits, text autofill, and notification dots.
- Android security update for November 2017 to fix some of the major existing vulnerabilities and bugs.
It is interesting to note here that, the Xperia X Performance is also said to be receiving its Android 8.0 Oreo update. Previous month Sony did release the Android Oreo update for the Xperia XZ Premium. It featured a 3D Creator, which was originally made available on the Xperia XZ1 and Xperia XZ1 Compact, in order to provide a 3D avatar or a free-form image of users thus making use of the front-facing camera sensor of the available smartphone within the span of less than a minute. The update also is inclusive of predictive capture functionality and of course an autofocus burst mode. Also, it was touted to improve the sound quality of the top-end smartphone by tuning the front-firing stereo speakers and adding Qualcomm aptX HD audio support.
What are features of Sony XZ?
- Sony Xperia XZ smartphone was launched in September 2016.
- The phone consists of a 5.20-inch touchscreen display having a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.
- Sony Xperia XZ price in India starts from Rs. 39,890.
- The Sony Xperia XZ is powered by 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and it comes with 3GB of RAM.
- The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded up to 200GB via a microSD card.
- With regard to cameras, the Sony Xperia XZ packs a 23-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 13-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
- The Sony Xperia XZ runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 2900mAh nonremovable battery. It measures 146.00 x 72.00 x 8.10 (height x width x thickness) and weigh 161.00 grams.
- The Sony Xperia XZ is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.