- The new Ford EcoSport has an all-new 1.5-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine
- The interior of the new Ford EcoSport has definitely received a host of updates
- The compact SUV is also made available with the 1.5-litre diesel
- India on Thursday has been able to launch the new EcoSport facelift with an initial price tag of Rs 7.31 lakh (ex-showroom). It was unveiled a few days a Ford go. The updated compact SUV indeed gets both cosmetic as well as mechanical changes and looks quite different from the outgoing model.
Its features :
- The redesigned front has a bolder appeal with a new, larger grille that has been inspired by Ford’s global SUV line up.
- The new EcoSport also gets projector headlamps along with LED daytime running lights.
- The fog lamps have also been tweaked a bit.
- The new design consists of new 17-inch alloy wheels which are supposed to be lighter and stronger than the earlier ones. No noticeable change in the rear profile.
- The interior has a host of updates and the most prominent one is a large 8-inch, floating touchscreen in the top-spec trim that comes with Ford’s latest SYNC 3 infotainment system.
- It supports most of the modern connectivity options including Bluetooth, USB, and AUX along with the smarter connectivity with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The lower variants do support features with a 6.5-inch touch-screen.
- The entire center console does look new along with the steering wheel cum the instrument cluster.
- All-new naturally aspirated 1.5-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine that replaces the old four-cylinder unit along with the 1.0-litre EcoBoost.
- The six-speed DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) automatic has also been replaced by a new six-speed automatic.
- The new motor puts out 123PS and a peak torque of 150Nm.
- The compact SUV is also available with the 1.5-litre diesel which remains untouched along with its five-speed manual gearbox. It makes 100PS of power and 205Nm of torque and claims to return a fuel economy of 23kmpl.
- The EcoSport comes with up to six airbags and the ABS has also kept standard throughout the variant list to ensure a safe drive.
What is its price?
The price of the updated model goes up to Rs 10.9 lakh for the top variant and the compact SUV competes with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Renault Duster, and the Tata Nexon. The New Ford has been launched at Rs.7.31 lakh.
Ford has created a newer version of its popular Ford car and has indeed made a remarkable impression on the market. The features draw much attention and make the car purchasable.
New ventures have to always compete in the market and have to be received well by consumers. Naturally, a look at its unique features is essential and such changes do impact the audience in many ways. The product has to sell well finally.