Sony is always coming up with new innovations and its latest H81XX series smartphones will be featuring 4K display, Android Oreo update. It is expected to be quite a treat.
What are the features of H81XX series smartphones?
- Details of Sony’s upcoming H81XX smartphone series has indeed surfaced on online.
- The user-agent profiles (UAProfs) of the series, first spotted by the Xperia Blog does reveal that the new smartphones will indeed come with a 4K display with a resolution of 2160 x 3840.
- The devices could also feature Bluetooth 5.0 and do run on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- The H81XX series consists of two models, the H8116 and the H8166, which are indeed speculated to be flagship devices.
- The smartphones are tipped to succeed Sony’s Xperia XZ Premium lineup.
- Alongside the H81XX, the report also does mention the H82XX series, which will come with H8216, H8266, H8276 and H8296 smartphone models.
- The UAProfs of the devices does reveal that the smartphones will feature a Full HD display and will run on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- It is rumored that these smartphones might be the successors to the Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 compact.
- Sony is indeed expected to announce its upcoming smartphone lineup at the coming 2018 Mobile World Congress.
What is there more to know?
All the aforementioned smartphones are touted to sport 16:9 aspect ratios, which do contradict rumors that the company is working on the taller 18:9 form factor. Most smartphone manufacturers, like OnePlus, Google, Huawei and much more are releasing their newer versions latest smartphones with bezel-less designs as well as 18:9 display aspect ratios.
OnePlus which had recently launched their second flagship smartphone in 2017, the OnePlus 5T, which is similar to its predecessor but also sports a major redesign in terms of its display. The OnePlus 5T does sport a Univisium 6-inch Optic AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels. As almost all top smartphone manufacturers have been adopting the 18:9 displays, it will be interesting to see how Sony sets its smartphones apart while at the same time retaining the 16:9 display ratios.