Japanese electronics giant Sharp on Wednesday announced the launch of its latest Sharp Aquos S3 mini Smartphone in China. The budget Aquos S3 mini has a rather unusual 17:9 ratio display with a front-facing notch (resembles the one on Essential Phone) and narrow bezels.
- The Sharp Aquos S3 mobile features a 5.5-inch Full-HD+ (1080x2040p) LCD with 2.5D curving glass display with a screen resolution pixels and runs on Android v7.1.1 (Nougat) software system.
- The device is powered by Octal core (2.45 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A73 + 1.9 GHz, Quad core, Cortex A53)
- Processor paired with 6 GB of RAM. As far as the battery is concerned it has 3230 mAh.
- There is a 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, and f/2.0 aperture.
- The front-facing camera is a 20-megapixel shooter with LED flash, PDAF, and f/2.0 aperture
- Other sensors include a Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass, Gyroscope.
- The Snapdragon 630 chipset with octa-core A53 CPUs and Adreno 508 GPU.
- It comes with 6GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage (expandable up to 128GB via microSD card).
- The Smartphone includes a fingerprint sensor at the back and is backed by a 3020 mAh battery.
- Connectivity options on the phone include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB Type-C with OTG, GPS, and 4G LTE.
- Sensors include a fingerprint sensor, gravity sensor, light sensor, proximity sensor, face recognition, compass, and gyroscope.
- There is no 3.5mm headphone jack on the Smartphone. Dimensions of the handset are 142.7x73x7.8mm and weight is 140 grams.
- The Sharp S3 Smartphone that came with a 5-inch full-HD display, Snapdragon 430 SoC, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB inbuilt storage.This phone runs Android 8.0 Oreo out-of-the-box.
Sharp Aquos S3 mini is available in Blue, Blak and Gold colors and are priced approximately Rs. 16, 475. The device is currently only available in China.