The latest budget phones of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite have indeed launched in India just a couple of weeks ago. Both the smartphones did go on sale in India for the first time on November 8 but unfortunately went out-of-stock within a short span of time.
Xiaomi India VP and Managing Director Manu Kumar Jain said that nearly over 1.5 lakh Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite units have actually been sold out in just about 3 minutes. Both the smartphones will be on sale for the second time today at 12 noon. Consumers will in fact be able to buy the phones either from Amazon store or Xiaomi’s official website – Mi.com.
What is there to know about Redmi Y1?
- The Redmi Y1 was launched in two variants. One model comes with 3GB RAM which is available at Rs 8,999, while the second variant comes with 4GB of RAM which comes with a price tag of Rs 10,999.
- The Redmi Y1 Lite device comes with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, which can in fact be expanded via microSD card which is available at Rs. 6,999.
- Both are aiming at the youth who are looking for a big screen and ‘the best’ selfie experience. The smartphones are said to be the rebranded versions of the Redmi Note 5A Prime and the Redmi Note 5A which were recently launched in China couple of months ago.
- Both, the Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite, have similar build and design and less similar specifications of hardware. However, there are differences as well. YI is a selfie-centric phone, while the Lite variant is aspired to offer a Redmi 4A-like experience on a bigger screen.
Redmi Y1, Y1 Lite specifications:
- On the camera front, Redmi Y1 consists of a 16-megapixel front camera with a LED flash.
- The selfie camera does capture very good pictures in low light conditions. It also does come along with features like Beautify 3.0 which will, no doubt, apparently help capture indeed good selfies.
- Redmi Y1 Lite comes with a 5-megapixel sensor on the front.
- On the back, both the Redmi phones come with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera which is also coupled with PDAF and LED flash.
- On the display front, both the phones — Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite come with 5.5-inch HD (720p) display.
- The phone’s display is further protected with a curved 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on the front.
- The battery setup of both the devices is same. Both Redmi Y1 and Y1 Lite have backed a 3,080mAh battery.
- Redmi Y1 Lite is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be further expandable up to 128GB via a dedicated micro-SD card slot.
- There’s also a 3GB RAM version of the Redmi Y1. While the Lite version comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor and is coupled with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage.
Even though both Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite have similar designs and are very alike in terms of some specifications, the former has a fingerprint scanner, while the Y1 Lite, much like the Redmi 4A.