Xiaomi Mi 7 may not be the cynosure at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 since the company has now reported having no plans of actually making any major announcements at the present forthcoming convention. Apart from these rumors floating around the Mi 7, there were, in fact, some speculations about the Mi Max 3 that are not, in fact, likely to become a reality at MWC 2018. Instead of that, the Chinese company is also said to be actually preparing the Mi MIX 2S which will be presented in Barcelona in order to draw the attention of the viewers by highlighting the offerings by Samsung as well as Sony.
What else is there to know?
While Xiaomi has already secured its distinct place as an interesting exhibitor at this present year’s MWC, a report given by AndroidHeadlines, which has cited a high-level employee, has claimed that there are actually no plans to make any major announcements at the given venue. This indicates that this Chinese giant would be
taking the route of HTC as well as LG, both of which are also are not expected to bring upon their top-end smartphone models to Barcelona. The reason for actually abandoning the Mi 7 launch at this year’s MWC might be to avoid Samsung and its Galaxy S9and Galaxy S9+ that have been set to launch much ahead of MWC 2018 on February 25. Sony has also made it to the headline as it is well prepared to launch the Xperia XZ Pro on the same date in order to rival the new Galaxy family.
Nevertheless, if one were to believe a Weibo tipster, Xiaomi is also been able to launch the Mi MIX 2S sometime maybe around the MWC.
Features and Specifications:
- The company has received much global attention and has announced its partnership with Qualcomm for choosing the Snapdragon 845 for the new Mi 7.
- Also, there are reports that the Xiaomi Mi 7 will come with a 6-inch bezel-less 18:9 OLED display.
- It will also be featuring a 3D face sensing technology that is quite similar to Apple’s Face ID feature that was to be launched with the iPhone X last year.
- Xiaomi last month made an announcement with its partnership with Qualcomm for actually opting the Snapdragon 845 on the new Mi 7.
- The front camera is located on the top right corner in this case as against the bottom right on the Mix and Mix 2. On account of which, there is a rather awkward-looking notch on the right side.
- The bottom bezel also does look narrower than that of the top edge since the front camera is redeployed to the top.
- At the rear side, the design isn’t any different from the Mix 2, with a single rear camera, rear fingerprint sensor which consists of 18K gold decorative ring around the existing rear camera and a ceramic body.
- The design looks just perfect for an offshoot of the Mix 2 but still, neither the design nor the device itself is yet to be confirmed.
The device is expected to be priced around 4000 Yuan.