Apple has come up with iOS 11.2.5 as its next update to the iOS 11 families. The newer version is not really full of many great features, as compared to several of the past releases. It does include the ability for Siri to be able to read the news – initially, it is meant exclusively to the US, UK, and Australia.
Features and Specifications:
The iOS update also does bring HomePod support that is much ahead of its formal launch that is scheduled for February 9.
- Apple has also been able to push up watchOS 4.2.2 and tvOS 11.2.5.
- The iOS 11.2.5 update finally does empower Siri to read news, a feature that would make Apple’s voice assistant a stronger contender against Google Assistant
- and Amazon’s Alexa.
- Users in the US, UK, and Australia can also initially avail the new feature and catch all the latest happenings from the world of sports, business as well as music.
- If one was living in the supported regions one need to ask, “Hey Siri” and read the news.
- Folks at 9to5Mac have in fact reported that Siri by default plays a daily news feed from The Washington Post, while the users can also switch sources to Fox News, CNN, or NPR as well.
- There is no word on the mass availability of Siri as a newsreader on iOS devices.
- Nevertheless, it is also worth taking note of that the US, UK, and Australia are also the first regions where the HomePod is debuting next month.
- Apart from the news reading option, the iOS 11.2.5 update does come with HomePod support.
- This does allow you to set up and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri, and Wi-Fi settings directly to one’s HomePod unit.
- The same HomePod support was actually initially spotted in the iOS 11.2.5 beta.
- The iOS 11.2.5 update also could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list and fixes the issue that disabled Mail notifications on
- the Lock screen specifically from some of the Exchange accounts when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID.
- The update does add the ability for a VoiceOver to announce the playback destinations and AirPod battery level. Besides, the new iOS version is also expected
- to include a fix for the chaiOS message bug that was also discovered earlier this month.
- The security update contents of iOS 11.2.5 can be found here.
- One can download the iOS 11.2.5 update on iPhone 5s and also the above models, iPad Air and above models, iPad mini 2 and above models, or the sixth generation iPod touch.
- In order to download the update, one needs to go to the Settings > General > Software Update and then also follow the on-screen instructions. One’s device should also be running on a Wi-Fi connection in order to download the over-the-air (OTA) update. Also, it is also advisable to back up one’s data before beginning the update process.
- In addition to the iOS 11.2.5 rollout, Apple has released watchOS 4.2.2 for all Apple Watch models, including the Series 1, Series 2, and Series 3, and tvOS 11.1 for the fourth- and fifth-generation Apple TV devices.
- The current watchOS build is 15S542, while the new tvOS build is 15K552.
- The watchOS 4.2.2 update has some unspecified improvements and bug fixes.
- Some watchOS beta testers have reported that the update basically makes the navigation in the redesigned Workouts app faster.
- One can expect an overall uplift in the performance of all the Apple Watch models through the latest software version.
How one can update Apple Watch?
Here’s how one can update one’s Apple Watch to watchOS 4.2.2. One needs to have at least 50 percent charge on the Apple Watch before one starts the update. It also does recommend the charging while updating.
The iPhone will be much in close proximity to the Apple Watch and will need to be on Wi-Fi. After this, users will need to launch the Watch app on their iPhone
and head to the My Watch tab and then General > Software Update. Enter the Watch passcode if prompted and then follow the prompts from your iPhone. The Apple Watch should restart twice before the update is completed.