Highlights of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite:
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 starting price in India at Rs. 8,999
- Redmi Y1 Lite price in India is around Rs. 6,999
- Both smartphones are on sale via Amazon and Mi.com
Both Xiaomi Redmi Y1 as well as Redmi Y1 Lite, the first Y-Series smartphones from the Chinese company, will actually be on sale no doubt for the first time within India today. The budget smartphones are aiming for youth appeal, and are different on the basis of their respective specifications, as the former offers a selfie-centric offering and the latter more of a basic, entry-level smartphone that is normally India-branded variant of the Redmi Note 5A. Both the Xiaomi Redmi Y1 and Redmi Y1 Lite go on sale at 12 pm IST on Wednesday, via Amazon and Mi.com.and will be available via offline stores as well.
What are their prices?
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 price in India begins at Rs. 8,999 for the 32GB storage and 3GB RAM variant and goes up to Rs. 10,999 for the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage variant.
- The price of the Redmi Y1 Lite, with a configuration of 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage is priced at around Rs. 6,999.
Specifications of Xiaomi Redmi Y1:
- The Xiaomi Redmi Y1 has a 16-megapixel front camera, with a LED selfie-light, for taking better selfies in rather low light conditions.
- Has a Beautify 3.0 feature on it, which does help beautify the selfie photos. It does have a fingerprint sensor on the rear panel.
- The new phone has no doubt been launched in Gold and Dark Grey colour variants.
- The dual-SIM Xiaomi Redmi Y1 will be receiving its MIUI 9 update in November.
- Will sports a 5.5-inch HD (720×1280 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass.
- It is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 435 SoC, coupled with 3GB of RAM.
- The smartphone bears a 13-megapixel camera with PDAF and dual-LED flash.
- There is 32GB of inbuilt storage on the Xiaomi Redmi Y1, which is expandable Powered by a 3080mAh battery. It
- weighs 153 grams, and measures 153×76.2×7.7mm
- via microSD card (up to 128GB) with its own dedicated card slot.
- It has standard connectivity options, including 4G VoLTE.
- Xiaomi Redmi Y1 design :
- It has a family look.
- Bigger than the Redmi 4.
- Sports a 5.5-inch display.
- This selfie-focused phone comprises of a 16-megapixel camera at the front along with a rather diffused selfie flash.
- There are non-backlit capacitive touch buttons below the screen for navigation instead of on-screen touch buttons with usual sensors above it.
- It is a lightweight phone weighing about 153g and is of plastic construction that helps that helps the weight to
- remain low.
- The chrome highlights give the impression of a metal back-plate.
- The entire rear and sides along with the power and volume buttons are made out of plastic.
- The 13-megapixel primary camera and the single-LED flash are positioned in the top left corner while the fingerprint
- scanner is at the center. The scanner location is convenient making it easy to reach.